Saturday, September 23, 2006

The evolution of Love

When the heart is open
Love is a poem
A poem struck like a bell
You feel it and hear it ringing for miles
But what is love
The connection
Between two things
And what is "in love"
If we are love
How can we be in love
Its a paradox
Yet the chemicals within us are so strong that as our hearts break free from the cage of our little self we absolutely believe that when we look at another that they are the object of our love - that we are separate to them and are "in" love with them.
But time is on our side... we age and grow "in" love we evolve "in" love until we find we were love all along.

"The formula for evolution is to take the word LIVE, reverse the spelling which gives EVIL. Now take that which causes evil, the letter "I", representing egotism, replace it with the letter "O", so that instead of LIVE you have LOVE. And LOVE spelt backwards is the beginning of evolution....it is the first half of evolution" Mani Finger

In the process of practicing yoga , especially after a long time I have discovered that the ordinary moments are much more exciting then the special ones, that love is a moving sculpture that is moulded by my own heart, and that love is wide open for interpretation...

A friend recently asked me if I believed in destiny...I answered , " yes " of course I do. But on reflecting on the question I actually believe that our destiny is to know that we are love. Life presents us with a moment by moment drama for us to GET this one true inescapable fact. The drama may be beautiful, it may be painful... but in the end...its just pure LOVE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me, Rachel, on my blog. I so appreciated your kind words to me on the death of my dad. This is a lovely post and it's interesting that you posted this on Sept. 23, the day of his passing, or as you so beautifully said, the day of his coming home. I look forward to visiting you more often.