Monday, June 26, 2006

feeling

sensitive like fine hairs on a fern
when you pass by it curls
green
green the color of my heart
wishing I didn't feel so much
knowing I need to feel
something
but nothing would be better
I think
the thoughts roll
I lie around in this thick soup of me
dreaming pumpkins

Today I went to have a session with my favorite Ayurvedic practitioner Jacinta here in Byron. As usual it was deep, After being prescribed as having sadhaka pitta out of balance I poured back through my Ayurvedic books to see what it really meant.

The literal definition is" Sadhaka pitta is the fire that determines what is the truth or reality. It is located in the brain and in the heart and allows us to accomplish the goals of the intellect, intelligence and ego. these include worldly goals of pleasure wealth and prestige and the spiritual goal of liberation. It governs our mental energy, mental digestion and our power of discrimination. Its development is emphasized in Yoga particularly the yoga of Knowledge" David Frawley from his book Ayurvedic Healing

That about sums it up for me today....

I

1 comment:

realyogi said...

a comment from Jo my friend and fellow teacher

Feeling - Sadhaka Pitta

Pumpkin
Green-orange-blue
Which colour are you?

Sadhaka pitta is a common experience in this day and age. Perhaps it is the ultimate syndrome of the human species; head-heart tussles that leave us depleted, sad, empty and longing. Releasing the domination of the ego mind and relaxing into the wisdom of our inner heart - is the key to releasing sadhaka pitta.

Deep within – pulsing life’s song for you – the heart chakra is the gateway between the physical realms of the lower 3 chakras and the spiritual realms of the higher charkas.

On an intellectual level the term sadhaka pitta provides us with a word-term—label/identifier for describing the de-energizing struggles of the head & heart. It is from this point of awareness, recognition and vocalization that we are able to move forward in our journey to health and wholeness. Unlike allopathic science, ayurvedic medicine and science provides us with an understanding of the processes which manifest sadhaka pitta, the influences of sadhaka pitta on the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies (including the functions on the subdoshas and related disease processes). Thankfully, ayurveda and yoga offer a variety of herbs, treatments, dietary modifications and techniques for supporting the release of sadhaka pitta from deep within the tissues/cells of the body.

Relax-smile & surrender
Jo