Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Karma yoga

Karma means action- take action- but what is that action? Is it merely doing or is it the action of complete surrender. Is it the ego assuming there is something it must do in order to be? Or is it just that in the being is the doing? Once the bow is drawn the arrow is already shot. The mere intention of action is action."In tension". As humans we long to be free of tension but with out tension no action can be taken. It is the paradox of life. To do or not to do, that is the being....

In yoga practice we say release the tension, let the arrow fly, let go feel that you are allready there, in fact all that is and ever was is pouring through you at this very moment. The moment, arrows flying, actions resolving themselves ,new actions being created. Swami Sivananda said " be good " "be good, then do good" Can we accept that we are good and that our purpose is to string the bow, aim the arrow and shoot, and that that flying arrow leads us from moment to moment?

Sometimes I feel like the arrow, my master has taken aim, but I have no idea about the mark, other times my gaze is as steady as the archer and I don't even need to look to shoot. I am guided by the one true soul of me.

Trusting Trusting

Photo of Ganesh by Tao Jones

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this

Anonymous said...

i was not sure where to post just a 'random' comment. i'll put it here in the karma yoga space and just put out there that i feel deep heart strings connecting me down under and ocilate between being qutie content, home on my little island in the sea and restless at the distance between me and all the ishtis and byronites who are no longer in my physcial day to day life. as i recently moved into my yurt and cleaned and smudged, nycke and rachel sang and continue to sing there daily, their voices mingling with the plethora of birds who live with me in the forest. i have taught the first istha class on orcas island as of last week and am hoping that my injury will not keep me from teaching more regularly. i know this is not probably the proper place for an update, so i will do some investigating for next time. happy belated solstice, summer and winter both
namaste

let go
let go
let go

love
love
love

allow
blossom
and give

realyogi said...

Karma yoga is the perfect place... as always taking action...I can just imagine you there in the forest with the birds.....I am definately missing your wisdom and warmth...
Love
love
Rachel