Saturday, July 01, 2006

Matangi


Matangi is Saraswati in her mahavidya form. She is the goddess of the arts and of happy families. In some myths she was born from the leftover scraps of the foods of the gods. She is therefore the goddess of pollution. We do not need to be pure to express our passions for all things creative. She is the goddess of attraction, whatever she wants she can have....She plays the Vina...

Yesterday I felt her energy within me and as I put it to a friend,
"Matangi came to me this morning as I pondered the unwanted polluted parts of myself. Just had another read through David Kinsey's theoretical take on the myths of her and feel quite a
few resonances with her dark attractive powers.....hmmm don't want to be her
just shine the light on me that is her in spite of my goody goody pure seeking jnana yoga self....."

This morning after Yoga and meditation Nyck and I chanted to Lakshmi....who like the last Mahavidya Kamalatmika is the energy which manifests the ultimate joys of our creative endevours. Ho... to all you creative wise beings out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is another picture of Matangi, remember the mahavidyas a very powerful and very disciplined, they dont take any crap. You get a glimpse of them but for them to stay with you, you must be disciplined and worship them everyday, no breaks, no shortcuts. Yes, when you offer her food etc, it must be polluted that is left overs. She was born from the prasad of shiva and shaktis table. She is intangible. Maybe you would like to come and meet them someday, just a visit. They arent scarey just straight to the point. Like I said they take no crap but are so so loving. Their mantras are very, very powerful, say them with respect for they can stir up anything that is hidden inside us, quick, fast and to the point.
love and lemonade

laya xxx